I found this recipe 6 months ago, and I LOVE it! Every time I make it, it comes out perfectly! It’s simple to make and tastes delicious! This is by far my favourite recipe to make! (my brother confirms it, he loves them too. 😃) The original recipe comes from CupcakeJemma. I am not taking credit for this recipe, simply sharing it with you guys!
I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for 16 cupcakes:
125g of self raising flour
125g of caster sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
125 gm unsalted soft butter
2 large free range eggs
1 1/2 tbsp milk
1/4 vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170℃ (338℉)
2. Start by putting the 125g of self raising flour and caster sugar into a bowl. Also add the 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate soda.
3. Then mix in the soft butter. I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it a bit softer.
4. Add the two free range eggs into the mixture. Now, turn on your mixer and start mixing. I mixed it for about 30 seconds but that depends, if there are some clumps, just mix it a bit longer. (Lots of mix’s there 😋)
5. While mixing, put in the milk and vanilla (or just turn off your mixer, put the milk and vanilla in, and start mixing again. I did that because I have a hand mixer.) Obviously, I couldn’t resist putting my finger in the dough!
6. Now you have to put the batter in the cupcake moulds (I used silicon ones) For the portions, I used a spoon and put a “dollup” of batter in the moulds.
7. When you have finished, put them in the oven and bake them for 22 minutes.
At this point my kitchen smells AMAZING! The scent of warm vanilla in the air! I couldn’t wait to get them out of the oven!
Normally, I make a butter icing but I find them delicious without too. They are so soft and a bit moist.
And the best part of this recipe is that they don’t have to be vanilla cupcakes. You can take any flavour and make them. I sometimes make chocolate or marble cupcakes with this recipe. If you want to make chocolate ones though, you have to add a tiny bit more milk or they will become dry and crumbly.
Tell me in the comments if you make this recipe!