Facing your fears

Facing your fears

Hey guys!

Today I want to talk about facing your fears.

I do drama at school and I really like it, but when I have to act in front of my group I get really anxious. It’s not only acting, it’s also talking in front of people. When I have to do a presentation in front of my class, I start to get really nervous and shaky.

So last week, my drama teacher asked us if we wanted to act in our annual school performance. For a whole week, there is a performance every night to which parents can come. If we do it (which most of the group really want to do), it won’t really be a performance. It will be the presentations and comedy sketches in between plays.  Just thinking about it already makes me nervous. It isn’t too bad of a stage fright because I know some people that have it much worse. But when I go on stage,  I get so stressed that I forget what I am supposed to say, and then I talk too fast not knowing that I am talking 10 words a second.

And that’s how I came up with this post idea!

Imagine you are a tree. A tree can’t grow without rain. Even though rain isn’t nice weather, it helps the tree grow. For people it’s the same thing. You can’t grow without having bad times. Even your worst fears, if you don’t try facing them they will never get better. I know this is a Girl Online quote but it is completely true.

Even though I’m afraid to do this, I know that I will be able to do this if I believe in myself. Same goes for all of you. Even if you fail the first time don’t think you can never do it. Because you can but you have to admit that you are scared of it. Don’t push it away in the back of your thoughts thinking it’s nothing. Don’t be ashamed of it. We are all scared of something and that’s ok. And after all what doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger.

What about you? What are you scared of?

I hope you enjoyed this post! 🙂

XOXO, Rosie❤️

39 Comments

1. 18th December 2016 / 9:06 am

OMG Rosie! I never would have thought you were afraid of anything! The Girl Online quote really has helped me too. Would you mind if I used this idea for a post?❄️☄✨😘

• 18th December 2016 / 9:08 am

Thanks so much! And sure ! I can’t wait to see what you write! ❤️ xx

2. reibe
    18th December 2016 / 9:39 am

Great post! I totally agree!

3. 18th December 2016 / 9:41 am

Thank you for sharing your learnings, I loved this post ❤️

4. 18th December 2016 / 1:34 pm

The girl online quote has helped me a bit with talking in class. I absolutely hate speaking in front of crowds! This was an amazing post! X

• 18th December 2016 / 2:19 pm

Thanks so much! And yes I agree with you, going in front of a class is really hard. ❤️

5. 18th December 2016 / 6:20 pm

Wow! I’m currently trying to get where you are with your blog but I think I just have to tweak my blog a bit.

• 18th December 2016 / 6:28 pm

That’s so sweet of you to say that! And yes! You can only improve with your blog! At the start I was really having difficulties to make my posts longer. But after a few months it came by itself . I have to say I don’t really like my old post but you have to start somewhere ! You will see, the longer you have your blog, the better it will get! xx

6. 18th December 2016 / 11:07 pm

wow great post! I’m so proud of u 😉 and I know completely how u feel – before our performance in drama this year I was actually considering just not doing it, but then I took a deep breath, and allowed what was going to happen to happen, and I forgot one line but it didn’t seem to matter that much haha, and I was so relieved when it was over 🙂 just remember, that there’s a time before it happens , a time when it is happening, and a time after. if ur freaking out, just think “in an hour it will be over” 🙂 hope that helps 🙂 love this post, its really inspiring 🙂 I can’t wait to hear how it goes!! xx

• 19th December 2016 / 5:05 pm

Aww thank so much! I hoped our tips help!❤️ And I’ll definitely tell you! (It’s in April 😂) but we are already starting to practise . Thanks so much for your tips ! I’ll definitely think about you when I’m on stage ! ❤️

• 19th December 2016 / 9:59 pm

that’s alight 🙂 haha I can’t wait to hear how it goes!! 🙂 xx

7. 19th December 2016 / 12:39 am

I love this post and I can totally relate! Public speaking is a hard one for me but somehow I’m perfectly fine for school speeches hahaha 😉

8. 19th December 2016 / 5:10 pm

Awww thanks !!! 😊 I’ll check out your blog right now!!❤️

9. 20th December 2016 / 6:51 am

Loved this post! Good on you for posting about this topic. Very true that everyone is scared of something even if they say they’re not scared of anything.

Nira xx | https://itsnira7.wordpress.com

10. 23rd December 2016 / 11:32 am

this is really inspiring, I LOVE acting so much I feel like it helps you forget if anything bad is happening in your life and focus on your character. what I do before I go on stage because I get bad stage fright is picture myself in my character and think ‘what would my character do?’ and I get into character a little before I come on stage although I still get nervous when I’m doing public speaking as myself because I don’t really have a cover to hide behind.your post has really helped me xx

• 23rd December 2016 / 4:09 pm

Thanks so much! I’ll try to take your advice and I hope it helps! And I’m glade my post could help. I never thought I could write anything that is inspiring ! xx

• 24th December 2016 / 1:28 pm

It’s really useful and your an amazing blogger! All your posts are so inspiring even if that’s not their perpuse, it inspires me to continue with my blog! Xx

11. 24th December 2016 / 3:49 pm

I love acting too, and the Girl Online quote! It’s so important to look at things in a positive way and to build on your mistakes and turn them into something successful.
    Ranyel x
    Zoella Sweet Inspirations Body Cream

12. 29th December 2016 / 5:00 pm

This is so true thank you for sharing! This really helped me ❤️❤️

13. Iriz Chan
    29th December 2016 / 6:12 pm

You just inspired people. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

14. 1st January 2017 / 7:19 am

That quote is one of my favourites from Girl Online: Going solo. Thank you so much for helping me to face my fears. I hope everything’s ok with you now!

• 1st January 2017 / 1:31 pm

Thanks! Yes it is a bit better❤️ And I’m glade I could help!

15. 14th January 2017 / 3:32 am

This was so inspiring!! I everything goes well!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

16. 10th March 2017 / 10:43 am