Hey guys! So yesterday was Earth day and my amazing friend Tabi made a great post about it! (I tried to “reblog it” but it reblogged on my old blog that I’ve made private XD…oops…so I’m just doing it the traditional way as in writing a post. Her original post is here. (Also, can I just mention how cute her rabbit is?!)).
Happy Earth Day everyone!
Today is Earth Day (if you weren’t sure already 😉 ). The day we take more care of our amazing planet, which we should be doing every single day if you ask me! The day to take that extra effort to care for our planet, turn the lights off when you don’t need them, limit charging your phone because it doesn’t have to be constantly on 100% or even brushing your teeth in the dark. These tiny little actions can make such a difference if everyone took part! So let’s all just do something small (or big!) today, which literally takes no effort, but makes the difference.
Let me know what things you are doing today to embrace the environment, and help save it- no matter how small they are! As a keen Wildlife enthusiast, I decided to make you a list of things you could do, and that I have done today which can help to show you care. ❤ And please read this whole post if you have the time.
- Brush your teeth without the lights on
- Sit outside instead of inside using technology.
- Plant a tree, plant, or flowers outside to help bees and creatures
- Raise money for a wildlife trust
- Buy something that donates to a wildlife charity- I did this today!
- Don’t charge or use technology excessively
- Litter pick at a beach!
- Spread the awareness of Earth Day and the environment, online or in real life!
- Don’t drop rubbish on the floor, or pick some up that was on the floor.
- Drive sensibly- wildlife is always looking to cross major roads.
- Take some nature pictures and show people, explaining the message.
- Make a hedgehog house! They really need your help. ❤
- Make a birds house and put it in a tree high up
- Reblog this post! Show that you are passionate about making a difference!
- If you see wildlife, help it out (pick a worm up from the pavement and put it in a soily area)
- Don’t drive somewhere, walk, cycle, run.
- Hold a sale (cakes, books, old toys) and donate all the earnings to a nature charity.
- Turn all the lights off when it’s dark for half an hour or an hour!
- Make a pile of leaves and garden waste and leave it in the corner of your garden- this is perfect for hedgehogs!
- Do NOT use chemicals or nasties on plants outside- leave them for nature!
- Learn about what garden species need your help
- Don’t cut your grass so short, creatures love it long, it gives them places to hide!
- RECYCLE, RECYCLE, RECYCLE!
- Plant another tree, for luck. 🙂
- SHARE 3 THINGS YOU DID TO HELP in the comments. It would mean the world to me!
If you’ve done just some of these things on this list- or even more!- you really have done an amazing thing to the Earth! I hope you all do 25, or even 14 too, it helps everyone to know the importance today, and help out those little creatures and furry ones!
This was a little bonus post today, but I am so passionate about helping the environment that I had to share and try and encourage it! Let’s see if together we can get people to join in too- like this post and spread the wooord!
Follow Busy Bee on Bloglovin’! ❤