What I see myself doing photography wise + fresh new start📷

What I see myself doing photography wise + fresh new start📷

Quick ramble

You know that feeling when your brain is on the verge of exploding? That has been me lately every time I think of my blog. I felt terrible because I just didn’t feel like posting. I was making myself crazy, it stressed me out. It sounds so little but it really bothered me, I felt like I owed it to you, which is ridiculous. And until this morning I had loads of windows open on my computer, searching for post ideas on Pinterest. But somehow none of them sounded good because well, they had no purpose, they were literally useless. I would have been spending time on something that isn’t even productive and I hate that feeling. Because art is supposed to bring you a feeling, or an information yet so many things on the internet are useless. And I just didn’t want to be part of that. Lots of my posts were just written for the sake of writing something but it felt more like a chore than anything and I honestly wasn’t having fun. So I finally came to the conclusion that something HAS to change because I actually started to hate being here and it didn’t feel like my personal corner anymore. It’s so hard not to write to please people, I have to remind myself that the point of starting a blog was to have somewhere to let out my feelings, not to become a full-time blogger (I completely respect the people that do that but it just isn’t for me.)

Today I took the time to go through my thoughts, well I actually started off the day trying to find ideas but I was going crazy and in a really foul mood (sorry mum..). But right now I’m realising I shouldn’t have to put so much time into it. So instead of writing a useless post, I’m going to be talking about my plans and explaining my fresh new start (now that the ramble is over haha).

Photography plans

The thing is, lot’s of people have a passion, you know like one thing they’re meant for and fire goes through them when doing what they love. The problem I have so many things that I like, I mean I play music, I dance ballet, I take photos and I write. Yet I want something that I really want to work for. Like actually see a future in. Honestly, music and dance are off the table, I can’t see myself doing that for years or make a career out of them. I’m also quite good at school and I want to study, I actually enjoy the idea of that. And I’ve been thinking of doing forensic sciences (as in criminology) but I somehow want to incorporate photography into that. I really want to do that for years, I love the idea of being a photographer yet also having an academical job.

New fresh start

Speaking of photography, I want to have a new fresh start here. I don’t want to write pointless posts, I want to share my tips and experiences and photos. I want this corner to be a mixture of my personal life, maybe lists (music, films, series, books) and photography. I don’t see myself at all as a beauty or “lifestyle” blogger, I just see myself, well, as me!

So yeah thanks for reading if you have come ’till here 🙂

XOXO, Rosie <3

15 Comments

1. 17th September 2018 / 5:51 pm

i am very happy that you are more motivated to blog! i am very excited for your upcoming posts xx

• Rosinalee
      Author
      19th September 2018 / 1:21 pm

Thank you so much Ella! xx

• Rosinalee
      Author
      19th September 2018 / 1:21 pm

Thanks! 🙂 xx

2. 17th September 2018 / 6:47 pm

i love that you don’t see yourself as a blogger in a “category” and it’s really inspiring that you have such plans for photography, i too love to take a lot of photos and i really love editing and playing around with photography. But you are for sure a lot more talented then i am Rosie haha 🙂 looking forward to read your upcoming posts!!

• Rosinalee
      Author
      19th September 2018 / 1:22 pm

Woow thank you so much! That means so much! You are so talented as well, lot’s of love xx

3. 17th September 2018 / 8:47 pm

You encapsulated so many of my recent feelings about blogging in this post. I literally just did a makeover to my blog, because I felt this exact same way: I was writing to please other people. I felt like it was a chore I could check off when I made a blog post, and the words didn’t leave an impact, instead they were just clanging symbols in an empty corner. Stuff that looked like everyone else’s and gave me no fulfillment.

So cheers to you! I’m glad to know there are others out there who are interested in just. blogging. It’s so nice to see someone else striving to fulfill themselves and think outside of the box a little, instead of going the commercial route. 😀

• Rosinalee
      Author
      19th September 2018 / 1:24 pm

Wow thank you so much for your comment! I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one feeling that way. It’s sometimes tough you know? You just brought a smile to my face as well:) thank you so much! xx

• Rosinalee
      Author
      19th September 2018 / 1:25 pm

Oh and what is the link to your blog? because I somehow can’t find it and I really want to read your posts <3

• Rosinalee
          Author
          21st September 2018 / 9:02 pm

Thank you so much! I’ll check it out now, yeah it’s weird haha 🙂 xx

4. 22nd September 2018 / 3:52 am

I relate so much!! I know exaclty what you mean about it feeling like it’s a chore, and then I look back on the posts I was writing two years ago and I try to find that same motivation 🙂 And as far as career planning goes, one thing I’ve realised is to find something you like doing, study what you need to study, and make a career out of it – like make a job for yourself – if that makes any sense haha! I’m trying to make plans now, and honestly when I think of what I love it comes down to travel, photography, and writing haha! Go figure a job out of that 😉 I can’t wait to see what posts you come up with – I always enjoy your honest and original style 🙂 xx

• Rosinalee
      Author
      26th September 2018 / 11:32 am

Thanks so much Lui for your amazing comment, it means a lot :)! I completely agree with you, good luck as well! Tell me your ideas sometime! I’d love to know 🙂 xx

• Rosinalee