Last year (wow that's weird to say) I shared my favourite vanilla cupcake recipe and as I love baking I thought I would make an updated version but autumn inspired!
Ingredients for 16 cupcakes:
- 125g of self-raising flour
- 125g of caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g unsalted soft butter
- 2 large free-range eggs (because chickens matter)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp canilla Extract
- 60g unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 100g icing Sugar
- A tiny bit of milk (or cream)
To make them:
1. Preheat the oven to 170℃ (338℉)
2. Start by putting the flour and caster sugar into a bowl, add the 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate soda too.
3. Then mix in the soft butter, I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it a bit softer.
4. Add the two free-range eggs into the mixture. Now, turn on your mixer and start mixing (for about 30 seconds but that depends, if there are some clumps, just mix it a bit longer).
5. While mixing, put in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla (or just turn off your mixer, put them in, and start mixing again. I did that because I have a hand mixer.) This is the perfect time to stick your finger in ;).
6. Now, put the batter in the cupcake moulds (I used silicone ones). For the portions, I used a spoon and put a “dollop” in the moulds.
7. When you have finished, put them in the oven and bake them for 22 minutes.
For the icing:
1. Beat the butter with the cinnamon and vanilla extract, for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and light and fluffy.
2. Add the icing sugar a little bit at a time and continue to beat on a low speed. Only add a tiny bit of milk or cream until the icing is light and creamy but stiff enough to hold it’s shape.
And that's it! I hope you enjoyed! (and tell me if you make them!!)
XOXO, Rosie <3